Saturday, January 4, 2014

What happened in 2013...

So...you probably noticed that I got very quiet after my initial post last year.  Oops.  Did I mention that both I and this blog are a work in progress ("WIP")? 

I think I figured out where I went wrong.  As I mentioned, I have unfinished projects ("UFOs").*  Several, in fact.  When I started this blog, I had the "clever" idea that I'd do a post featuring each of my UFOs, as I did in my one and only post last year.  Then I would continue to post my progress.  I quickly learned:

1.  It is very challenging (not to mention time consuming) to feature one project per post when you have several projects going at once.
2.  Featuring one project in a post puts a lot of pressure on you to make progress on that particular project, which inhibits you from posting when you are very naughty and spend your time working on other things instead, so you stop blogging because you haven't finished that one thing yet.  Additionally, Startitis should be a recognized medical condition and insurance should cover treatment for it.

As a result, it looks like I didn't do anything last year, when in fact I did a whole bunch of stuff.  And you are going to hear about it right now!

Swirls

2013 was the year that I discovered Sandra McIver's knit, Swirl! bookThat pretty much dominated my year.  I've made 2 so far and am about 2/3 finished with a third.  Here is a picture of my favorite one:


Tank Tops

I decided to take the sleeve issue head on and made a couple of tank tops.  I buy them all the time to wear to work under a cardigan, so why not make them?  I made two last year and plan to make several more.

 





That Darn Cardigan

I did, in fact, knit one sleeve for that green cardigan.  I have no comment as to when the second sleeve might manifest.

Etc.

I also made various scarves as gifts over the holidays, but unfortunately did not take any pictures so you will just have to take my word for it. 

Onward and Upward

That is some of what happened in 2013.  In the next post, I will let you know what is planned for this year.  (I am completely flabbergasted that I let nearly an entire year go by without mentioning any spinning projects whatsoever, so that needs to be remedied quickly.)   In the meantime, I wish everyone a happy, healthy, productive 2014!

__________________________________


*I will keep trying to remember to define terms at least once for my non-knitting friends.  Fellow knitters, I hope you will bear with me on this.

3 comments:

  1. I like. I mostly crochet, but...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Misha. Thanks for visiting my blog. I love crochet and used to do a lot of it, but not so much after I really got into knitting. I actually signed up for an advanced crochet class at a fiber arts convention that is coming up later in February, so maybe I will get back to some crocheting this year.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete