Sunday, March 30, 2014

And that's a wrap on Q1

We've (nearly) made it through the first quarter of 2014!  Woohoo!  In the time since I last typed at you, gentle readers, I'm pleased to report that I earned my 60 day cold sheeping badge:

(Thanks to K.K. Batts for designing the badge and allowing me to post it here.)

The first quarter challenges are ending, so time for the (mostly) final report.  Happily, I finished the moebius scarf I was working on for the Yarnathon "new-to-me" challenge.  Of the remaining projects, that was the most important because it was part of a team challenge.  By finishing, I've earned a 1000 yard credit for Team Octopurls.

The fun of a moebius is that it can be worn in different ways, so here are a few examples:





As I suspected, I did not finish the Precious Hoodie, but I made good progress:


While it would have been nice to get it finished during the challenge, I am not that concerned about getting it done.  I needed the push to use the yarn and get it started, but I love working on it and can't wait to wear it. "So it will not end up being one of my lingering WIPs," she bravely declared, publicly.

As for the Mad Dash, though I have--at the time of this writing--a little over twenty-four hours until the Dash is officially over (and I will do as much more as I am able in that time), as of now I have processed, by knitting, spinning, and weaving, 5,064 yards.  That's approximately 2.88 miles and over a mile more than my goal.  In addition to having a couple of good spinning days, I've learned that weaving really eats up yarn.

Speaking of weaving, though I was very good for a while about prioritizing my knitting challenges, eventually I could no longer bear it and had to go back to my weaving.  So I finished my weaving project:





Last but not least, I sort of fizzled out on the Shetland project.  It is not my favorite stuff to spin, so I'm not surprised I didn't get as far as I wanted.  But I made a dent.  Between what I did during the quarter and what I had previously spun, I'm right at 2.5 lbs finished, which is halfway.  I will continue to chip away at it throughout the next several months.  My hope is that I will have the yarn finished by the end of summer so that I can spend fall working on the coat and perhaps wear it next winter.

That's all for now--this one is a little short because it is almost midnight on Sunday and I need to work tomorrow.  Next post, I'll let you know what the second quarter of 2014 looks like.  So let's meet back here then.

No comments:

Post a Comment